Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Bastard Offpring of A Bastard Half Breed -- The Descent: Part CRAP!!!


Yeah, I also want to scream my head off, right now...


I thought I'd give it a try, a fair chance ... My God! Forgetting about its predecessor and its director; trying to make head or tail out of all the loose ends; imagining not having flashbacks, throughout, towards the original British masterpiece; fighting hard not to soil myself because of the lousiness of the film ... Damn! It's no use: The Descent: Part 2 is almost as bad in its own right, shouldn't it have been the painful truth that it's a crippled sequel to a misbegotten Americanized, alternative version of the original Neil Marshall film... The Yankees can have their Descent US-chicken-out-bastard-sell-out-feel-better-vanilla-edition if they want to, but trying to make a successful enterprize out this concept makes me want to vomit my innards, I kid you not! The Descent will always be the one and only 2000+ horror/suspense classic with a rarely seen perfect combination of claustrophobia, fear and despair. I'm just sorry that Neil Marshall had to be credited as Executive Producer for The Descent: Part 2 ... However, I'm certain that he cannot be to blame for what was going on with the actual film, in a creative manner so to speak... Anyway: The Descent is DEAD; long live THE DESCENT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment